I don't know why I have such brave kids, but sometimes kids need a healthy dose of fear. A few days ago we were playing outside and I hear Olivia say "ooh a snake!". I am thinking she is just playing and then I see he pick something up from on top of a bush. I am still thinking it can't be a snake because snakes are on the ground not the top of bushes. but I might as well look and see what she has. I walk closer to her and see that a snake in wrapping itself around her arm an this is a big snake! What on earth possessed her to feel the need to pick up a snake. I screamed. Lets face it, no mother wants to see any of her children, especially a three year old handling a wild snake. thankfully she immediately dropped it and it slithered away leaving her unharmed.
Later that day I told Lachlan and we went to the bush and this is what we found. A garter snake at least two feet long almost three. This is why kids need fear. Or at least some sensibility when it comes to dangerous things.
Later that day I told Lachlan and we went to the bush and this is what we found. A garter snake at least two feet long almost three. This is why kids need fear. Or at least some sensibility when it comes to dangerous things.

2 comments:
"The saliva of a garter snake may be toxic to amphibians and other small animals. For humans, a bite is not dangerous, though it may cause slight itching, burning, and/or swelling. Most garter snakes also secrete a foul-smelling fluid from postanal glands when handled or harmed"
I can testify to that stinkiness.
Ha ha it got you back.
Post a Comment