Monday, February 8, 2010

Adjusting to three...

Adjusting to three has been difficult I will admit. But who could not love these three. Even with the extra fits and whining, the fact that I don't have enough hands or lap space, and I stress about giving each one the individual time they deserve, it is still great to be out numbered. I just have to build up the energy and learn to carry a very heavy diaper bag.

Since Katie came along we have started giving Isaac and Olivia more responsibility. They are not perfect, but they enjoy helping and I enjoy having a little less to do. It is also entertaining... for example Olivia sets the table, but I don't ever seem to get a big fork. And since Isaac started scraping the dishes I don't think all of them make it to the sink. When looking for pj's I find panties, and when looking for pants I find pj's. And when a bed is made that doesn't mean it is free of hard lumps consisting of toys, shoes, or other objects.

Isaac and Olivia are great helpers when it comes to Katie belle. They both love to make her smile and don't like to hear her cry. This morning I was getting ready and Katie was crying on her mat. Isaac and Olivia were already ready. As I was getting dressed Katie went quiet. I went to check and Olivia was sitting next to her talking and waving a baby toy above her. Katie was grinning from ear to ear. Olivia was so proud of herself she kept telling me "I am playing with Katie and shes smiling".
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lara Zierke said...

I love how children take such pride in making a baby smile. They will put so much effort into. It's so fun to watch Joci's cousins try to make her smile and stop her crying. They actually help a lot!

The Perkins said...

Thank you for the update. FINALLY!!!

Stacey Kirchner said...

Cute kids!