Tuesday, October 6, 2009

General Conference

Before General Conference I had the kids put together a poster with significant words that they might hear during the talks. Then I told then if they sat quietly and listened to the speakers they would hear the words. Then they would receive a sticker to put on the poster and a single piece of candy. This time they got to choose between Reese's pieces and candy corn. They were so excited for General Conference. Both of them sat quietly for most of the eight hours and they just loved the stickers.
They are so proud of their poster. They tell me the words on it every day. They still listen for those words too. They don't get the reward but they are still excited that they heard one of the words they just have to tell mom and dad. I am so proud of them and hope that they learned something from General Conference. We helped them see the importance of the words with the most stars. If you can't tell Olivia and Isaac could tell you.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Linds said...

We did something similar, and the girls LOVED it. Kept them quiet and attentive- mission completion!

The Perkins said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! You are such a good mom! I am going to use that idea next year.

Hays Family said...

what a great idea. Talk about teaching moments. Thanks for your comments about Joci's dress. I: really did enjoy making it. Can't wait to hear about the birth of baby #3. We miss you.

Lara Zierke said...

That is such a great idea. It actually would probably help my husband pay more attention.:) My work buddies and I do something similar in large corporate meetings. We make a bingo sheet with company buzz words and see who gets Bingo first. :)