Isaac had his first school project last week. His assignment: Pick an animal that he liked and write a report and build a diorama habitat for the animal. It was stressed that parents were not to do the project. I never realised how hard that really is! First, it is a fun project that you want to do. Second, their grade depends on their best effort (and you want them to get a good grade). Third, its hard to watch when they make a mistake, or don't do it your way, or just don't do it. Fourth, up till now it has just been easier if I just do it, rather than wait for them to do it (for example: make their meals, buckle them in the car, or set up something for them). See its really hard! I now know why my parents stood over my shoulder during my projects. I am doing the same thing. I must say Isaac got frustrated with me for doing the same thing! I did it though! I mean I let him do it! Isaac did everything himself except when he asked for assistance or how to do something I would talk him through it. I gave suggestions but then let him decide. I asked him questions if something seemed not right. The only thing I did for him was cut the box to size, the hot glue and the spray glue.
If your worried about the paint on the table it is tempera paint and comes off with just a damp cloth.

1 comment:
Go Issac! And go Mommy!!
Post a Comment